The cartridge heaters are used mainly in machines and industrial devices (moulds and tools). They not only heat heavyweight metal elements, but also liquids and gasses. The heating element is a coil inside a fire-resistant ceramic sheath. The entire device is encased by a metal (stainless steel or brass) tube and filled with insulating material (magnesium oxide).
- Diameters: 8.0 mm to 50.0 mm
- Lengths: 50.0 mm to 2000 mm
- Typical supply voltage: 24 V–230 V
- Fastening: typically in an opening or by means of a threaded head
- Heater sheath: acid-proof steel (AISI 321, AISI 316L) or brass tube.
- Electrical connections: NVS cable (insulation to 400oC) of various length (standard length = 200 mm)
- Terminals can be protected by a flexible metal braid or conduit.